I’m a wife, mother of 2 beautiful girls and I work full-time outside the home. Aside from my full-time employment, my husband and I own a greenhouse operation where we grow bedding plants and vegetables, and we live in beautiful Atlantic Canada.
I also happen to be a recovering alcoholic and have been sober since December 05, 2015. Yes I HAD a drinking problem but I addressed it – don’t worry, it’s not contagious!!! LOL
I decided to start this blog to document my “new sober life” – a life without alcohol. I’m definitely enjoying life more now than I ever did and you may find the occasional blog post that discusses sobriety however you’ll also find a wide range of topics such as working from home, blogging, recipes, health, parenting, marriage, etc…
I don’t want my past to define me but I use it as a reminder to keep me on track.
This is me. This is my life.
Useless Trivia About Yours Truly
- I’m a nerd – I’ve been fascinated with technology since I was a child back in the early 80’s
- I love to read but I hate novels – I only read books from which I can learn something of value
- I’m a huge animal lover
- In grade 2, I wrote a report on the Netherlands. Ironically enough, I ended up marrying a Dutch guy.
- It took me a long time to realize that my mom was right – about pretty much everything
- My biggest pet peeve is poor grammar
- Most times I speak before I think
- I believe that sarcasm is an art form
- At one time in my life, I owned a café
- I’m French Acadian
- I’m a very impatient person by nature
- I’m a natural redhead (which may explain the above)
- I once traveled across Canada with my husband in our bright orange VW Bus
- I love to argue
How I Got Started Online
I have been working online for the last 6-7 years now. Like many of you guys and girls, I was looking for a way to earn a little extra money from home. I started off on Elance as a WordPress designer and dabbled a little in passive income streams. Despite working full-time, I managed to get a few clients and make a few bucks.
There came a point that I was getting too stressed out designing other people’s websites, so I moved away from web design as a business and started building my own blogs. I even built an inspirational quotes blog that I sold this past April for $2000 which was really cool.
I’ve always wanted my very own “Lifestyle Blog” which is why I created Painted Plum. I’ve never been the type of person who can stick with just one niche (as many many so-called experts recommend you do when you start a blog), so I’m going against the grain yet once again and will write about whatever the hell I want to!
I’ve been inspired by a handful of female bloggers who have been able to make a great living from home. My dream is to be a successful blogger, to inspire others, and to one day, have the opportunity to leave my job and work from home full-time.
I really hope to grow this blog into something special and I hope you’ll follow me along my journey!